Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scott's Liquid Gold Review



I stopped buying furniture polish YEARS ago.

It was one of those minutes when you have a finite amount of money in your wallet and an infinite amount of items on your list, and you have to choose between another meal for your kid and another cleaner. I googled, found out I could clean with a damp microfiber, and never looked back.

So, when I saw Scott's Liquid Gold was looking for reviewers, I hesitated before I clicked "apply". It's not a product I use every day, but I have ridiculously fond memories of my grandma scrubbing her fiberboard furniture with it, and the way the house would smell after. Like almonds. She was a good lady.

And so, I clicked the little button, and Scott's Liquid Gold sent me two products to try. The aerosol furniture polish, and the concentrated wood wash.

It smells as good as I remembered.

The thing that is really different about cleaning with Scott's is my furniture was really shiny after. The microfiber lifts dirt, but it doesn't do anything to protect the wood, or leave that nice almond smell. Sold.

EXCEPT for the aerosol. You know I don't love that. Scott's offers plenty of wood care products that aren't aerosol, though, and they make them right here in the good old US of A. Right in Denver, CO. That's right, American jobs.

Thanks for the sample, Scott's. You've got a customer for life.

Find Scott's on Facebook

You can also follow them on twitter.

I'm waiting to hear back from the company if they are offering a giveaway or not. If they are, it will posted at a later date.


Photobucket
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

2 comments:

Leontien said...

Thanks for the review. I'm sure my mom likes this stuff a lot!

Thanks
Leontien

Ca88andra said...

I'm impressed by anyone who uses furniture polish! I tend to be happy if I wipe over the tables with a cloth now and again...