Friday, October 15, 2010

Can I stop time?

The day I want to freeze, and hang on to, and just live over and over and over again.

 Up early, we finished the day's shopping before 11 am, came home for some rest and a snack, and hit the local pumpkin patch for some fall decorations. Tiny little girl sized pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn, and one giant perfect pumpkin for carving. The little girls were just fabulously behaved, grinning from ear to ear, faces flushed from the slight chill in the air, eyes bright with joy.

 On the way home we stopped for hot chocolate, and hit the local playground before naps..oh, so much fun. Having an extra pair of hands makes all the difference! Watching my two youngest girls run madly around, just pouring their hearts in to their play, it seems like my happiness, my joy in them, would be a truly fabulous reward for my crappy and schizophrenic childhood.

I couldn't be happier. 

I just want to keep them here, in this moment, at this age,  forever.

Do you think they'll mind?

No comments: