Saturday, July 10, 2010

Political News I'm Loving.

     I really thought I was going to have to wait till November to have a happy political moment. Obama makes me crazy, Congress makes me sick, and the inability to keep a budget on either side makes me... quasi-violent. I mean, I stick to a budget every week. And there are shoes... and clothes... and things... that we want. Things that are a good idea, and would be nice to have. Do I buy them? NO! Why? Because we can't afford it! Why is this so hard for a bunch of politicians to wrap their head around.*grrr

    
    Well, back to my happy moment. A Court ruled that DOMA is unConstitutional Well, Duh. The best part? The extra-special-sweet-whipped-cream-with-a-cherry-on-top part? It's unConstitutional because it violates Article 10-states rights. *sigh. I couldn't be happier right now if I had a calorie free triple hot fudge peanut butter ice cream sundae the size of my head sitting in front of me. Why do people think they have a say in who marries who? If you don't like gay marriage, then don't have a gay marriage! It seems pretty simple to me!

    
     Think about the ramifications of this... just bask for a moment. Roe V Wade? Obamacare? Where do they fall on infringement? I'd say they not only infringe, they flat out jump up and down and do the hokey pokey on states rights. I mean, where does Congress get off telling every citizen they have to have health insurance? It's nothing more than a power grab. A huge, double fisted slimy snake oil salesman power grab. Who does this wonderful bill help? At best, 30 million people. (and that's using Congress's very special funny make-us-look-like-we-know-what-we're-doing math.)And state's rights? What are those? We ain't heard of no stinkin state's rights here!

     Ok, judges everywhere, this decision is now your gold standard. Look at the purity of the Constitution as it was written, and for crying out loud, base your decisions on the law, and not your personal experiences, no matter how "wise" they make you. You were elected to uphold the Constitution, not make things up as you go along.

    
Please, please, let this be the beginning of us taking back our liberty. The end of the Congressional power grab. The end of them trying to tell us what to eat, what to wear, whether or not we can buy used products, and who we can marry. It amazes me how much of our freedom has been chipped away slowly throughout the years. How many people support nanny laws based on the idea that people don't know how to take care of themselves.

    
Speak for yourself. I can take care of myself and my children just fine, thank you.

photobucket photo by mulpics

No comments: