Monday, January 17, 2011

Wallowing

The only thing that sucks about being a stay at home mom-no sick days. No time outs.

Right now, I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, and nothing is staying in my stomach. Because of the life I choose to lead, everything homemade and fresh, the kids have nothing to grab but fruit, which they are only going to put up with for so long. They want hugs and snuggles and games, and I want to curl up and die.

I just want to wallow for a minute. Please, let me. They are upstairs. I've made them whole grain gingerbread muffins, which are baking in the oven right now, I've still got to cook that turkey, even if I can't have company, and I'm really. Freaking. Miserable.

Okay. Wallow over. Misery or not, the dishes aren't going to wash themselves, the kitchen isn't going to magically produce food, and life will go on.

No comments: