Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Colorado, Abortion, and your birth control pill.

I'm going to attempt to write this objectively..keeping my own political and moral views out of it. That should be fun. I will say I'm pro-life, with respect to the Hyde amendment, and if you start throwing words like "rape", and "incest" at me, I wobble like a toddler.

 However, this new amendment bothers me. It's right out there in the open. The text of the legislation, the myths surrounding it, and the fact that the new law would only allow barrier methods of birth control.

 Yeah.

 I really want the government to get the hell out of health care. I've got a news flash for the righteous...the pill isn't just used for the prevention of pregnancy. In some women, it's used to prevent horrible, double-over-and-puke-your-guts-out cramps and mood swings that resemble Brittney Spears on head shaving binge.

So, if your period feels reminiscent of Regan MacNeil a la the Exorcist, and you live in Colorado, you may want to make it to the polls on November 2nd.

Just sayin.

Or if you feel like your birth control method should be something you talk about with your doctor and not your state Congress, you might want to get there before the polls open.

No comments: