Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Just Don't Think This is Funny

One of my favorite groups of bloggers is located at the Stir on Cafemom. Even though they are largely liberal in nature, so I very rarely agree with them, I find I have great conversations over there.

Until this one.

Somehow, I guess this is supposed to be humorous. Or, more appropriately, "tongue in cheek humor." I don't get the "subtle, ironic humor" in this bit of journalism. It just seems mean and ugly. So, both sides of the coin get knocked about a bit, but it's hardly fair (or amusing) to equate any individuals with serial killers.

If I typed the same conversation out, substituting the words "conservative" for "liberal" and vice versa, you can bet I would be one unpopular lady.

What's even more ironic is that this comes from the blogger who rails on Glenn Beck for his humor. I get that Beck's an acquired taste, but hello? Pot, meet kettle. You're both black.

The old adage, "you can dish it out, but you can't take it back" seems appropriate here.

Thank God we have our freedom of speech. Bloggers are free to post lopsided "humor" all day long.

I'm so free not laugh at it. Now, this, this is FUNNY.

Did you think this post was funny? Is my being conservative ruining the party here? Have I crossed into whiny two year old territory at the thought of being compared to a serial killer?

1 comment:

lovinangels said...

linky fixed! thanks!