Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tackling the Most Fun First...

I need to shop. Need it. I think the instinct might come with the overly efficient ovaries God gifted me with, or maybe it's just the fact that it's really hot and sticky today, and sitting online is preferable to actually accomplishing work. My little monsters are hot and sweaty, yet that doesn't seem to quell their abundant energy.





So far, I've booked a moving truck, 20 percent off, with a code from http://www.retailmenot.com/ ! !!! Estimated cost of rental is under $100, but they require $150 at the time of rental. I choose a Budget rental, as they offered a local truck with the cheapest rates. We remembered to factor in the amount of miles to and from the pick/up drop off point. Yay!





I also need to come up with a refrigerator, washer, dryer, and lawnmower. I have my doubts as to whether or not our couch will stand up to the move, as a piece of the frame is poking through the back.





In the interest of being cheap (ahem, green), my first stop is always http://www.craigslist.org/. We like to buy used, as it helps other people out, and is also VERY frugal. I found a washer and dryer (like new!!!!!) for $275 OBO. The same person has a refrigerator as well. With the move not being for over 3 months, I hit up my BIL and local real estate mogul for some free storage. He tells me he has some extra appliances he will make me "an offer I can't refuse" on them. This entire conversation happened via text message, so I didn't hear the maniacal laugh I imagine followed that statement. HMM. Do I check appliances off my list and hope for the best? No, I think not. However, it is duly noted. Plus I get to drool over the frigidaire affinity set I really want. Oh, well, not at those prices!



Now, on to pricing electric companies!

What would your next step be?

No comments: