Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gillette Venus Olay Razor Review via Influenster

I know, I seriously can't shut up about Influenster, but they keep sending me SWEET packages of goodies to try out! I was selected to receive a love voxbox and try out some really fantastic products. They have some awesome twitter parties, too, so check it out if you get a shot.

The Venus Olay razor was my second favorite product in the box. I was a little weirded out by it: the last time I tried a razor that "included the shaving cream" it had a small-ish razor wrapped in AN ENTIRE BAR of soap. The shaving cream bar would split off the razors, leaving bumpies, cuts, and just general unpleasantness. I had decided, years ago, that a swipe of shower gel or shaving cream was much more dependable, and wasn't about to change that.

The Gillette Olay razor is definitely the best I've ever shaved with. The Olay moisture bar smells really, really, good, and definitely leaves skin feeling softer. It didn't replace my normal lotion, but it also didn't flair my eczema, which is really, really important to me. It's got glycerin to give you a glow, which it did, and petrolatum to seal in moisture, but my dry skin still needed more moisture. It definitely helped, though!

The Venus Olay razor has five blades, an ergonomic handle, and a pivoting head to make it easier to go over knees and ankles. I didn't actually cut myself with this razor, which is kind of an accomplishment in itself, since I have a couple of scars that I almost always split open when I shave.

The downside? It's a little on the pricey side. At $8.99 locally for a razor, and $14.99-$19.99 for refills, this is probably not one of those items you'll be getting FREE with a coupon, but it's one of the items that's worth spending your extra bucks on!



Photobucket

I did get a free razor to try via influenster. Go, sign up now, so that you can get free stuff to try, too!

No comments: