Sunday, February 13, 2011

Plagiarism Sucks.

Ok, people, listen up.

This is the rule. It's not up for debate. If you use the copy and paste function on your computer to take something someone else wrote and put it on your site, you've got to source the person.

If you right-click on an image and download it to your computer and post it to your website, you've got to source the website.

If you surf photobucket, or one of the other 800 photo sharing websites, and you grab a picture, you've got to give credit to the photographer.

Because that's the right thing to do. Got it? Copy something, source someone.
This is not rocket science people. I like to write. I do. I tap away at this freaking keyboard like it's my personal business, and someone is actually gonna read it. So if you like something you see, give a nod in my direction. That's not hard, is it?

Now apply it to the rest of the internet. Because Karma, she's a bitch.

Rant brought on by my favorite Author in the whole world's tweet this morning. And I hope whoever stole her stuff gets a quadruple helping of badness.

5 comments:

petitehermine said...

Agreed. I'm also now you're 200th follower! Yay :)

Gail M Baugniet - Author said...

Thanks for the reminder.

I would never copy/paste from someone else's blog without quoting the source, but I have used several photos from Photobucket thinking ... what? I thought clicking on the photo gave the info.

Oops! Now I know and will forever quote the source/photographer. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and following Frazzled Mama. I'm following back.

Anonymous said...

great post! thanks for the reminder. i'm your newest follower ;)

Tom said...

It's a big pet peeve of mine as well.