Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Does Android Suck? Blackberry versus Android in an Epic Steel Cage Match

So, I'm a little jealous of my husband's new G2.

It's shiny, it's new, it's got a GIANT touch screen, and it plays youtube videos. WELL.  I have the Blackberry Bold 9700, a decidedly unfeminine phone, but I LOVE it. Specifically, the fact that the email service is faster than lightning and as reliable as old faithful.

Y-A-W-N. There are some fun new apps, really, but nothing so nice as the android market. I've been a blackberry girl since the moment I laid eyes on my husband's shiny new Pearl two and half years ago, as I looked at my own red and black Nokia in dismay. His smartphone was...smart. My Nokia was...dumb as a box of rocks.

I'm just not a tech girl. Not big on change, either. When my husband rooted the mytouch for the first time, I was pissed beyond belief. Mostly because I tried to text him and the software, well, it didn't like to text.

Um. Okay. I was officially the most nerdy wife on the planet, and I'm fairly sure he was the most annoying husband. (love you, dear.) The amount of fights that ensued over rooted phones and new software could probably set a record for most fights ever over the stupidest shit.

So, I'm going to, over the next week if I can't hack it and over the next month if I can, give you a bit of insight as to how the two different phones enhance the professional mommying. I'm loving the different apps on the android market of course. Right away I found an app that works with my calorie counting website, SparkPeople, but I can't figure out how to use it. And I've forced the thing to shut down twice in the hour I've had it in my hands...(this one has NOT been rooted.) So, I'm not loving that. And it's slow as fucking molasses. I just have to swear there, because, well, my blackberry never bogged down. Not even one time. I'm sure I'm lying here, as I'm homesick already for the dinging of my Blackberry email, and this mytouch 3g, in phone years, it's older than God. Almost a whole year already, it's practically a dinosaur. But, it's only a month older than my Blackberry, so one would think it would function almost as well.

Maybe I should give up here. I'm clearly biased in favor of the Blackberry. I'm mad because Angry Birds shut my new-ish test Android down. Maybe I should declare the Blackberry the victor, hand the Android reigns back to my husband, and never cheat on RIM again. Who knows, I'll sleep on it, and hope the MyTouch gives me something other than a black screen of death next time I pick it up.

It may be my impatient tapping on the screen that shut it down, I'm not sure.

This is going to be an epic train wreck. Wish me luck.

P.S. I want my keyboard back.
P.P.S. How do I take a picture with this thing? There's a button on the Blackberry. Where's the G* D* Camera button?

No comments: